Dr. Daniel Grob is a highly qualified orthodontist. The doctor graduated with honors from Marquette University School of Dentistry. Dr. Grob is certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, an accomplishment attained by only a small group of practicing orthodontists in the country. He maintains membership in the American Association of Orthodontists as well as all local, state, and national components of the American Dental Association.
Dr. Daniel Grob, a committed practitioner, educator, husband and father, was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He attended a branch of the University of Wisconsin prior to being accepted into dental school in 1973.
He graduated from the Marquette University School of Dentistry with honors in 1977 and proceeded to complete a graduate residency program in prosthodontics (The dental specialty dealing with artificial teeth and bite reconstruction) at the Veterans Administration Hospital at Wood, Wisconsin. Following that two-year period, he became an associate professor in the department of prosthodontics at the Marquette University School of Dentistry. His main responsibility was to staff the graduate clinic at the Milwaukee County Regional Medical Center. While there, he cultivated an interest in occlusion, esthetics and cleft lip and palate reconstruction. He then was accepted into the graduate school to study orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. In 1983 he received his specialty certification with a masters degree.
In 1985 Dr. Grob moved to Tucson, Arizona with his wife, Nancy. Together they are enjoying family life with their three children, Randall, Stephanie and Elizabeth, who attend elementary, middle and high school in the local school district. The family is extensively involved in baseball, swim team and dance. They enjoy skiing, tennis, snowboarding and tropical vacations.
Dr. Grob has been active in community and dental groups including:
- President of the Southern Arizona Dental Association
- American Dental Association and local American Association of Orthodontists and local constituents
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Prosthodontic Society
- Casas Adobe Rotary Club
Dr. Grob has taught at many levels including:
- Marquette University School of Dentistry - Departments of Orthodontics and Prosthodontics
- Pima Community College - Department of Dental Hygiene
- Veterans Administration Hospital - Section of Prosthodontics
- Children's Clinic for Rehabilitative Services
- Tucson Hospitals Medical Education
- Many Local, State and National Dental Conferences
Dr. Grob has won several awards including:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society
- American Society of Dentistry for Children Senior Student Award
Dr. Grob has published articles in:
- Dental Clinics of North America
- American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Dr. Grob is listed in the 2004 edition of The Best Dentists in America.